Profile Hover Offline Hover Member-View Offline Hover Online Hover Member-View Online Hover Edit Hover Report Hover Delete Hover Quote Hover Goto Top Hover Big Button Hover Big Button Active
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

"I'm still not a pervert, Ms. Kane."
Welcome to the Pokemon Arts Academy Roleplay forum. Join us in setting on your new Pokemon journey in the region of Kyogo! Participate in our elaborate and enjoyable storylines that test the nature of characters and their relationships with one another alike.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our roleplay!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
No Way Snow Day
Topic Started: Sep 9 2015, 09:14 PM (1,305 Views)
MATT LUALDI
Member Avatar
Meanie Head

As the sun rose over the PAA campus this morning, it unveiled white blankets of snow across the campus. Little dim-wits dotted the quad, happily making snowmen and rolling around in the fresh white ground cover. Despite the night full of snow storms, the clouds broke as dawn came and set the stage for a picturesque snowday with crisp blue skies and sunshine despite the freezing temperatures. As the morning rolled on, rumor spread that the local cafe was offering a special promotion in which students, upon presentation of their id, would receive a free coffee, hot tea, or hot cocoa with the purchase of a dessert. It sounded like a great deal, until everyone and their mom decided to show up and claim the offer, posing it to be another busy day of work for the charming employees.
Other students stuck to the inside of buildings, finding an empty kitchen within the dorms and baking cookies or making their own hot cocoa. Some might even get the idea to try having another movie party, despite the failures of the past involving hot nacho cheese. Others seeking warmth in the library, bringing their own blankets and pillows in as they study for finals or read a good book (stare at the cute librarian.)

Some students were still in awe at the perfect snowscape that lay before them, one of those dumbfounded kiddos was Matt Lualdi. Before he came to PAA, he didn't even think it snowed on islands, but he figured that it must've been possible for the disgusting armpit of an island like Kyogo, where anything was possible. Bundled up in a thick winter coat, he took a sip of medicinal tea and almost threw it up. Falling victim to the annual common cold, he miserably forced himself to drink the lukewarm rattata piss his mom swore by. On this brillian morning, Matt found himself standing in front of Dari's statue, luckily finding himself alone there as well. It was just around this time last year that he was in such a depressed state, but despite his displeasure with dwelling on that time, he still made the effort to visit Dari on these quiet mornings. Sniffing his nose, he placed a small red candle down in front of the statue. He had seen it on sale just a few days ago, and thought to buy it as a gift for her. He tilted his head, cautiously checking his surroundings before he dug out his lighter from his inner jacket, and lit the small candle for her.
"Stay warm, got it?" He mumbled, tucking the lighter back as he step back to look at her one more time. With a miserable sneeze, he turned around and started to trudge back to the dorm, wondering what the hell he was going to waste his time with today.
Edited by MATT LUALDI, Sep 9 2015, 10:04 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Top

Evroo Lalonde
Member Avatar

Whoever thought it would be a good idea to give away free drinks with the purchase of a dessert was truly out of their mind. Evroo knew that this would be happening ahead of time and had tried to schedule a day off, but his efforts did nothing. He had to work today. Which meant dragging himself out of bed way too early when it was freezing outside. Luckily, it was gorgeous out. Nobody gets to experience the morning unless they have to.
Of course, the only thing on his mind besides dreading work was his girl. He looked out over the reflective snow and smiled to himself. She'll probably get sunburnt even on a day like this. He wished he could spend his morning with her making snow angels or snowmen or getting into a childish snowball fight. He promised himself he would spend some time with her when he was free.
By 9:00 AM the day had already gone off the deep end. The lines at the cafe were out the door. Evroo accidentally blew up an entire carton of pumpkin spice latte mix. Only a few slices of cake remain in the display case. Not to mention the regular breakfast foods were untouched. The entire school was going to be on a sugar high from free drinks with dessert.

Isaac Sven
Member Avatar

Litwick woke Isaac up early. It was around six a.m. when the candle Pokemon freed itself from its Pokeball and attempted to set the redhead's sheets on fire. However, Litwick was no fool. He worried that because it had snowed so much and it was so cold out that Isaac would freeze to death or become an icicle. Worried, he decided to solve this highly implausible issue.

When Isaac woke it was to the smell of smoke as Litwick's flame was a slow creep. He hopped out of bed, cursing and sputtering as he smothered the fire. "Dammit! Was that necessary man?" He frowned, but his anger didn't last for long as his eyes caught a glimpse of the world outside. It was beautiful; the most times he ever got to see snow was as a young boy. To see it as a teenager was something else entirely. It was the equivalent of returning to a favorite childhood book after setting it away for years. It took him a few minutes but he sighed, mumbled a thanks to Litwick for his sincerity and got ready for his day.

When he checked his school email he realized the cafe nearby was having a promotion and thought it could be a good idea to check it out. He didn't necessarily hate sweets, but he didn't love them either. However, a free hot chocolate sounded too good to pass up. With his dark green parka and gloves keeping his body heat in, the ginger left his dorm hours later with his pocket heavy from his wallet, and started on his trek to the cafe. He saw another guy, grumpy and sickly looking nearby. "Hey, hey you. I, uh.. I don't really go to the cafe often. You know which way it is?"

Seth Lucky
Member Avatar

The gods of cafe thought on this cold morning that Seth Lucky would start his first day of being a cafe employee as a sort of cruel irony. Promoting free warm beverages with a purchase of dessert was a perfect way of A) reeling in suckers and their cash and B) getting rid of old crusty back product. Of course, little old Seth didn't know that. It was his first time on the job, and boy was he royally fucking up.

"Welcome to the Orange Star Cafe, how can we brighten up your morning?" he'd ask as a customer browsed the dessert shelf. If the customer asked for a strawberry cheesecake drizzled with vanilla frosting, he'd pull out red velvet cake with a side of strawberries. On and on he made mistakes to the point the line for orders spilled out of the cafe building. The manager had to pull Seth out of working the front and to take orders in the kitchen for lattes capufrappes and other weird sounding coffee beverages. And although he messed up on the ingredients every now and then, he had no time to stop and apologize to the poor customer. The free hot chocolates wouldn't make themselves.

Also the apron he had to wear to work didn't hide the fact that the work uniform showed off his hairy chicken legs. At least he didn't have to work as a waiter. That would suck.
But even then, life did suck. At least for Seth.

MATT LUALDI
Member Avatar
Meanie Head

Matt was in deep thought, day dreaming about a choice piece of a-
He looked up, hearing some guy rattle on about a cafe and continued walking. He sniffled, and then stopped. He turned around, realizing that the ginger was talking to him. Matt frowned, staring at the guy and trying to remember what he was saying. He tilted his head, placing a hand over his neck as he did so as if to prevent exposure to the cold. "The cafe? Uh, so you..." He sighed, sniffling. He stepped around, trying to orient himself correctly. "You turn here." He began, shaking his hand in front of him, as if it was helpful. "And from there, you hang another left and, uh..." He trailed off, mumbling.
After another awkward pause, Matt turned around and looked at the piece of work that decided to talk to him. "I'm headed that way." He began, "So, uh, walk with me if you want." He said, looking off to the side to avoid any pointless eye contact that might hold too long and get really weird. He coughed into a balled fist. "Fair warning, I'm sick. So don't get close." He finished, turning around and beginning to walk towards the Cafe.

July Brightside
Member Avatar

July is your summertime gal. She's nonstop whenever there's warm weather. But putting on a good face when it's SNOWING outside? Nearly impossible. Actually, just flat out impossible.
She'd tried calling Matt and Seth earlier this morning to see if she could borrow a coat. The little ho didn't own any warm clothing because she found it unnecessary. And when neither of them responded, she figured she'd just storm out of her room in a rage and take advantage of a good deal down at the cafe. Fuck those guys anyway. She slipped on a pair of flip-flops and a light cardigan and began trudging her way through the snow with the most miserable pout on her face.
When she finally got there, her toes were blue and she was shaking like hell. She couldn't even fucking believe this long line. So she stormed her way to the front, placed her order for like some chai tea latte or some shit with like a carrot cake and sat down...
Only to receive a red velvet cake with a carrot shoved into the side of it and a shot of espresso on the side.
"Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!??!??!? WHO THE HELL MADE THIS???????"

Isaac Sven
Member Avatar

At first Isaac was going to call to the guy again, but soon he heard his sniffly voice and watched as he turned and paid attention to his shitty directions. The guy half-assed his explanation, and the redhead was happy when he gave up and just told him to tag along. The warning of germs didn't matter too much to him as he followed behind, trailing off a bit to the side in his streps.

"Thanks, I appreciate it," he nodded, mostly to himself before finding himself trying to think of some form of compensation. "I can pay for your dessert. I can give you the money for it I mean, since you're helping me out. My name's Isaac by the way."

MATT LUALDI
Member Avatar
Meanie Head

"It's okay, I hate Isaac." Matt grumbled, rubbing his eyes as he walked. Why was snow so bright and hard to look at? He cleared his throat before he realized what he had said. "I meant I hate desserts. Uh, I was just, heading there for... Breakfast food." He replied, nodding his head. Truth be told, he lied about how he was supposedly heading to the cafe. He just thought it'd be easier walking the guy there rather than trying to draw him a map in the snow with a stick. Matt shivered, feeling a brush of cold wind. "My name is Matt." He said bluntly, letting out a sigh as he could see the Cafe approaching. He groaned, wanting to fall limp into the snow once he saw the line outside the cafe as well. "It's just overpriced coffee and a cookie, come on!" He yelled, and as he was about to go on a rant about the disgusting capitalistic ploy he was stopped by a caughing spasm.

Seth Lucky
Member Avatar

Seth rolled his eyes as he stared at July from behind the counter. He grabbed a washcloth to wipe his hands from the sticky whipped cream and stood besides the employee staring right at July. "Ma'am, please keep your voice down. We have a long line of customers waiting for their scrumptious dessert. If you would like to make a complaint you can do so by calling our toll-free number."
He then bent over and took out a pamphlet with a telephone number and an email address that seemed old and archaic.
"Have a nice day!" Seth said sweetly, ushering for the next person in line.
So getting fired, he thought to himself.

July Brightside
Member Avatar

"SETH!!!! Are you even SANE right now?!? Do you even have EYES! LOOK AT MY TOES!!!" she screamed, grabbing him by his uniform collar and practically spitting in his face. She was sick of his bullshit. First, he has the disrespect to not lend her a jacket this morning nor tell her that he was getting a job. What the hell? At this point, nearly everyone in the cafe was staring at them. July's face was bright red, toes blue, and she was holding up an orange carrot to Seth's neck. Freshly ripped from a layer of red velvet.
"If you don't treat me with respect right this GODDAMN second, we are GOING OUTSIDE!!!! And I am going to BURY you DEEPER THAN THIS CARROT WAS BURIED IN MY FUCKING CAKE!!!!"
Shortly after screaming her last words, she realized she was out of breath and energy and just wanted to go back home. She pushed Seth away, threw the carrot on the ground, and lay her head on the table. "Whatever. Never mind. Go away..."

RAE FRANCE
Member Avatar

Rae had the sex appeal of a marshmallow. She grumbled, looking in the mirror. In fact, a marshmallow probably had more appeal to it than the way she looked wrapped snug in her winter coat. She signed, playing with the ends of her hair that was beginning to grow out in an unruly manner. It was needing a good cut, some proper styling and attention, and definitely not the shabby neglect she gave it. She chouldn't help it, with her schedule this time of year it was inevitable. She pulled a scarf around her neck, and looked at her outfit once again. There was something with the bulky jeans and the huge snow jacket that was bothering her.
In a rash five minute change, she was suddenly wearing three or four pairs of tights layered with a pair of socks on top for stylistic flair. She had changed into a short skirt, intent on literally freezing her ass off so that she didn't look like a rolled up nerd burrito.
After pulling a pair of boots on, she rushed out her dorm door and towards the cafe. If she was wearing a skirt in freezing weather, she was going to be seen by a certain someone. Even if it did mean she had to wait outside in a god forsaken line. She had a crush, and it had to happpen.
She promised herself that when she wasn't studying, she'd make a point to see him, no matter what. Even with finals around the corner. She fidgeted in line, anxious to get into the cafe. She bit at her finger nails, hearing some sick guy and his friend walk up and shouting from within the cafe itself.

Isaac Sven
Member Avatar

"If you say so. Hey are you alright?" He asked, watching his coughing fit. He took a moment to think about what he said, nodding slightly. This guy must have a pretty large stick up his ass Isaac thought to himself as they situated themselves in line, moving forward incredibly slowly. Then again, he was sick and long lines weren't very fun, he had every right to be grumpy. Something told him that Matt was just a grumpy kind of guy though. Just a guy with an eternal- a long, never-ending log of a stick- up his ass twenty-four seven. How did he take a shit with such a large stick up--

The redhead's long and peculiar trail of thought was cut as he heard yelling from inside. What was going on with that? He tried to listen harder, nosy and somewhat amused, but couldn't get very much since their spot in line left him at a disadvantage. "Wonder what that is about."

MATT LUALDI
Member Avatar
Meanie Head

Matt, being the hypocrite as he usually was, crossed his arms and said, "You'd think people would try to remain calm , you know? I mean for chrissake, it is just a shot of espresso in some milk." He huffed, letting out a cough as he did so. You'd think he was almost being sarcastic by saying that, seeing that he just flipped out minutes ago. He arched his head, facing his ear to the Cafe doors as if it would help him listen in. He was just in time to hear the last bit of the screaming, something about a carrot being shoved somewhere. Matt smirked, hearing the last bit. He almost started laughing, but just ended up wheezing. "I've never heard someone threaten to shove a carrot up an ass." He remarked, still wheezing to himself. Matt then paused, stopping to listen to the scream again in his head. It took him a few minutes, but he realized who the voice belonged to.
"It's too bad the person who said it is literally the hugest idiot I know." Matt said aloud, looking at Isaac as if he was expecting confirmation. He began to check his pockets, looking for his phone. Not finding them in his pants, he checked his coat pockets, not noticing his lighter falling out and into the snow as he searched for his phone. Upon finding it, he nodded to Isaac and then looked down at his handheld communication device and began spamming July. He only sent one message that read, "Carrot up the a$$" over and over again, until he finally stopped after about 66 messages. Despite being in a better mood, Matt still was frowning and hugging himself to stay warm. "So I guess you don't ever come to the Cafe, huh?"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · PAA: Flashbacks · Next Topic »

DISCLAIMER This forum does not support or endorse the following: death, suicide, smoking, comas, drinking, animal abuse, world domination, cheating, killing, murdering, terrorism, illiteracy, fighting, violence, or pen-stabbing.