Profile Hover Offline Hover Member-View Offline Hover Online Hover Member-View Online Hover Edit Hover Report Hover Delete Hover Quote Hover Goto Top Hover Big Button Hover Big Button Active
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

"I'm still not a pervert, Ms. Kane."
Welcome to the Pokemon Arts Academy Roleplay forum. Join us in setting on your new Pokemon journey in the region of Kyogo! Participate in our elaborate and enjoyable storylines that test the nature of characters and their relationships with one another alike.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our roleplay!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Orientation Day!
Topic Started: Jun 30 2014, 11:18 PM (1,282 Views)
Kai Watson
Member Avatar
why am i here

The aged boat engine came to a creaky stop, pulled up and secured to the docks that looked just as worn as the old boat. It wasn't a sight Kai hadn't seen before, having visiting the island as frequently as possible in the blazing summer to visit his father in the clinic.
The old wooden pier and classic ferry didn't bother Kai one bit, it was actually comforting to a revolutionist like himself. If it's broken, don't fix it. Wait, crap, that isn't right. Kai shrugged, whatever, and grabbed the bag at his side as he stood up. He smirked, looking around him at all the other dorks who had a ton more luggage to carry than he did.

Stepping finally out of the over crowded boat, Kai took in the fresh sea air. He was almost forced to, actually, the wind blowing in onto the bay was so powerful it was as if the sea mist was doing everything it can to make the poor students inhale it.

It was in fact, Kai's first year attending the academy and was taken back by lack of students at the harbor as he walked down the long dock toward the more modernized civilization. During the walk, though, he easily overheard the talk regarding the problems other boats were having out at sea. They weren't lying, it was a pretty gloomy day for an orientation, and the ominous horizon was enough indication that some students might show up a day or two late. The clouds didn't suggest any powerful rain, though.

Kai was almost knocked into the water, his shoulder being brushed up forcefully by a running girl, her blue hair catching his eye. She was in a hurry to get somewhere, that's for sure. His foot tapped a small black bag, knocking it over to reveal some wiring shit. Kai rolled his eyes, a tech head bimbo must have left their trash out.

"That belongs to the girl up there." A voice chimed behind him, Kai turned around to see a blonde cutie, but was immediately surprised to see her striking eyes were fake. He raised an eyebrow, quickly studying the girl in front of him.
"The chick that sprinted off the dock?" He asked. "Yeah." She responded, picking up the pack from the ground. "I don't know her." Kai commented, the girl nodded her head in return. Looks like she didn't know the batshit girl from earlier either.
"I guess I'll return it to her?" She said, and then nodded her head to Kai. "Sorry, I guess?" She continued. Kai shook his head, "Thanks, I guess." He responded awkwardly, pausing to let the girl in front of him start to jog off the dock. He watched her run off, bumping into a person or two. She did seem like an airhead, and he cracked a smile watching her run off. He should have asked for a name.

Kai finally walked into the campus, the exterior of the building was updated to match the architecture of the age. The edifice was coated in bright white, and had accents of black and gray brick on some parts of the wall. The benches around the court yard were sleek and new, and overhanging the sliding doors to the main hall was some curved awning made from glass, offering a covered walkway into the building. Kai rolled his eyes, he figured the school had to look as high tech as it made it self out to be. Pulling his jacket up to cover his neck from the occasional gust of early morning sea mist, he stepped into the main hall looking around. It was going to be a long year.
Offline Profile Quote Top

Abel Greyson
Member Avatar
I will burn you. Slowly.

If only the ocean had anything important to give.

It was salt water, therefore useless to anyone that lived on land. What was the point? It only made people sick. It made Abel sick. Not even swallowing it, just staring at it. He had seen enough of it at home.

Turning on his heel he left the warm sand under his bionic feet and moved towards the school in long strides. Pokemon Arts Academy. It was advanced, pristine, and just as gorgeous as brochures made it out to be. However, he was never there for the aesthetics. He was away from his home, starting somewhere fresh, somewhere that would help him get to wherever he wanted to be in life. Whatever that was.

Abel stretched his arms high over his head, ruffling his blonde hair as his eyes darted left and right, taking in information. He could hear the tiny cogs whirring in his head, whirring in his arms and legs as they bent and raised and bent once more, until he halted to a stop in front of the doors. There was a boat, he remembered seeing. He knew he remembered because of the repugnant smell that wafted from it, trailing by on the ocean breeze. He turned to his right to see students, although very few, stepping along the walkways to the school doors. He had gotten there hours before, a family friend dropping him off before going back to the mainland.

Tugging his bookbag over his shoulder, filled with necessities and a few news clippings on the school itself and a small book on Super Computer- a piece he always carried on him- his eyes focuses and began to map out dimensions of the school in his head from the map he had seen before he left home.

"This is the way then." He nodded to himself with confidence as he stepped inside, the walls smooth and redundant but as he turned to circle around the main hall for a better look a pale-haired boy was making his way forward and that certainly caught his attention. "Hm..."

Kai Watson
Member Avatar
why am i here

Kai had paused in the midst of the hall, as bad of an idea it sounded like to stop in the middle of the walkway there was hardly anyone here, and he pulled out a small electronic device that fit his palm perfectly. It was some god awful Poketech device his mom got him a year or two back, and as much as Kai actually liked handheld devices and technology that wasn't built in the actual body, he hated this brand. The device was powering up, showing visible signs that it had been messed with countless times, reprogrammed and refurbished. The starting screen displayed crude white text on a black background, and after tapping the screen a few times, Kai pulled up his student file at the academy.

He studied the map he downloaded onto the device, and connected the various information while looking at the map. After a few more moments of this went by, he looked up to scan his surroundings. He put the device into his jacket pocket, turning around to hopefully see a map or a secretary that could point him in the right direction.

But he was greeted by possibly the worst sight he'd seen yet. This guy must have been decked out head to toe in bionic upgrades, what the hell? Kai averted his glance, he didn't want to get his ass kicked, but the image of the blond dude was engraved in his head. Bet he wouldn't like to go through a power outage, huh? Kai bit his lip, he had to keep to himself if he didn't want a broken nose. He pulled out his poketech piece of shit again, scanning it as if he forgot where to go, nervously looking back at the stupid cyberpunk. He cracked a friendly smile, nodding his head at the guy.

Abel Greyson
Member Avatar
I will burn you. Slowly.

The first thing the blonde noticed was the small device that he other boy had pulled out. What even was that? It looked like it had tries to go through an upgrade but failed horribly, giving up yet refusing to let its last leg drop. His eyes were focused on the tech until he looked up and locked eyes with the boy.

There was a smile and that's what brought Abel over.

He held his hand out, trying to seem as kind as possible. It was better to have friends than enemies. His wrist flicked, motioning towards the device with a raised eyebrow.

The first vibe he got from him was 'intelligent'. Anyone who could carry that piece of shit around and not break it had to be. And if he knew what he was doing he couldn't be completely useless, right? When he finally decided to speak he tried to sound curious, his other hand in his hoodie pocket. "What is that? You know there's better technology out there right? How old even is that thing?"

Kai Watson
Member Avatar
why am i here

Kai tensed up, seeing that metal hand. Did the guy want him to shake it and introduce himself? He watched the hand motion to his crappy Poketech device and he did his best not to crack a smile.
"Better technology than this thing? It's only about two years old, I doubt there's anything better than this."
His reply was overly sarcastic, to the point where Kai was mentally preparing himself for the metal man taking his Poketech and beating him with it.

Kai finally turned his entire body around to properly have a conversation with Mr.Cyborg. He rolled the Poketech device over in his hand, exposing the beaten up back case of the electronic. "I honestly hate this brand, but the thing was a gift." He added on, staring at the back cover which proudly displayed the logo of the company. "I'd throw it away but I've already went through the trouble of customizing it." He continued, putting the device in his pocket. He paused, thinking about his last statement. He almost thought that it gave himself away, but what was there to give away? He never attempted to hide the fact that he liked to mess up coding and hack things, but for some reason he was tempted to do so just now.
"I mean, it took hours to get all my music on the thing." He said to clarify his past statement and attempt to discourage any thoughts in the blond's brain about Kai messing around with his Poketech.

Kai raised his own eyebrow now, looking at the dude. "So, I guess you were just so interested in the piece of crap that you had to ask about it?" He concluded, tilting his head slightly. He really did wonder about the motives of the dude standing before him.

Sokea Klein
Member Avatar
"Uh..."

Sokea stepped off the dock, struggling with her own luggage and trying to locate the girl that had dropped her bag. She pulled her suitcase behind her, letting out a sigh as she studied the gloomy campus. It sure was advanced, but as she followed her map down towards the female dormitory, she noticed a few buildings had kept their original style and architecture. It was a good mix on campus, it seemed. She lightly smiled, looking around further. There wasn't as many kids as she thought would be here, which was odd.

Being that it was only her first year here, she caught onto the system extremely quick. After dropping her luggage off in the dorm commons, she crossed back over the dreary campus, catching sight that another boat or two had finally arrived. Her stride turned into a light jog, for some reason she felt in a rush. Maybe it was the oncoming crowd or the start of the new school year that gave her the sudden energy to rush across campus.

Her pace slowed, tripping up on the steps into the main hall. She slowly opened up the glass doors, seeing only a few people standing around in there. The most noticeable had to be the two standing right in the middle of the large hall. She immediately recognized the boy from earlier on the dock talking with another guy, and didn't recognize that she herself was about to trip over another student's luggage. Her shoes made a loud squeak, echoing through the hall and causing Sokea's face to turn a bright red. Well, crap. She bit her lip, stepping over the overturned suitcase and continued down the hall to one of the secretary desks.

Instead of being greeted by a smiling employee behind a desk that was administering keys and schedules, she was directed to a kiosk that was built into the wall. The bright blue welcome screen prompted her for her personal information for student identification and then the machine spat out a key card and small paper, on it printed her schedule. What a neat machine, she didn't have to talk and get stuck in her words nervously in front of some tired secretary. She turned, and took off again, rounding out of the main hall and walking across campus. She smiled, feeling like she really knew what she was doing despite tripping over baggage.

There was something that distracted her from going straight back to the dormitory, though. She paced over towards a fountain in the court yard and reached her hand in, feeling the water greet her finger tips. Imagine, all the memories here. Kids playing and making wishes, probably. Imagine, a water balloon fight gone out of control. Teenagers knocking each other in and splashing around. Sokea smiled, the fountain seemed ancient sitting here so close to such a modern building.

She probably looked stupid kneeling on the ledge of the fountain with her hand in the water.

Cain Greyson
Member Avatar
Even the winds of cold cannot stop me.

There was a dull ache in the back of Cain's head that would not for the life of her would go away. It occurred to her then that she might have developed a form of bruxism after clenching her teeth too many times to ease her headaches, but that was neither here nor there.

Her mind wandered over as she watched the small influx of people walking about the high school campus. Trainers and breeders alike ushered their Pokemon around as the freshmen explored the campus while the upperclassmen hung around scenic spots. Being a freshman herself, Cain looked inside her registration bag which included a map of the campus. She ruffled through the contents of the plastic container and was surprised to see some odd business card made out of a very strange silicon material.

Cain wondered where the item had come from considering she hadn't seen it when she first inspected the goodies in the bag. Odd, she thought. Someone must have slipped it in while I was walking around. On one side of this card was an italic "N" with a reddish outline to it, and on the other side a less-stylized "SC". Eyes lingered on the latter set of letters, of which brought her bits and pieces of conversation she had with her family once she had awaken from a coma many thought were all-too permanent.
“...obsessed with a cult.”
”...never writes back anymore.”
”...and we’re worried s’all.”
”...need you… go and find him and…”

Cain walked over to a water fountain devoid of people save for one quiet girl she had not noticed kneeling on the other side. She gripped the metallic card in her hands feeling the cool steel dig harshly into her palm. Without a second glance, she threw it into the water, creating an audible splash. “Take your stupid card back. Want nothing to do with your dumb games.”

Cain stared for a long time at the submerged trinket, hoping to see it instantly explode under her scrutinizing glare. She channeled her bitter thoughts at what she had come to see a symbol of her bitterness and contempt. The reason for her being at this school against her wish. To see somebody she had no desire to see once again. To confront a person that had left her life when she needed him the most.

There was a dull headache in the back of Cain’s head, and her stupid family wasn’t making her feel any better.

Sokea Klein
Member Avatar
"Uh..."

Sokea only happened to look up as the card splashed into the water. From everything she could see, it looked like just a usual business card. If she had upgraded her eyes to have internet access and camera functions, she could have easily identified the logo using a search engine, but she didn't have that kind of vision. She merely watched the girl across from her say something about a dumb game, and boy did the girl look like she really needed a hug, only she gave off a feel to Sokea that if she tried to hug her she'd be a dead woman and probably found floating in the sea water a day later.

The fragile set girl got up from the fountain, her eyes still fixed on the card as well as she finally looked up at the one guilty for throwing said card in. As she did so, she quickly shook her hand in hopes to sorta dry it off before she approached the girl in front of her. "You know, people usually make wishes by throwing coins into the fountain?" She said, as if she was mainly talking to herself. Sokea fished around in her bag, looking for pocket change. She held two coins in her hand, and finally look towards the girl as she spoke, ensuring that she understood the comments were aimed towards her. "I have honestly never done it before, though." Sokea shifted her weight from one foot to another, fidgeting, "I think a coin would work much better than a card, and I just pulled out an extra coin and I think it'd be greedy to make two wishes, so, uh..."

She held out her outstretched palm to the girl, offering a coin, "Even if it's stupid, it might even be fun to see how high you can flip the coin into the air before it hits the water..." She had never done this before, talking to a complete stranger about such a weird thing like making a wish, and especially never offered to make a wish with a complete stranger, but what the heck, it was a new year. Although the second right after Sokea did that all, she instantly freaked herself out imagining the stranger beside her getting pissed and german suplexing her right into the fountain water. Sweet baby Togepi, please don't let that happen.

Cain Greyson
Member Avatar

There was a brief moment of silence, nothing but the sound of the water gushing out of the fountain droning out the moment of awkwardness. Cain considered the girl’s words, looking down at her hands with the coin sitting in her palm. Finally, she reached over and picked up the coin. She looked over at the girl wondering if some game was being played on her. She studied the girl curiously, noticing that her eyes really stood out. This is the future, this is the future.

“I wish there was no future to begin with,” Cain said aloud as she threw the coin into the fountain. She watched the coin sink down into the water and out of sight. She closed her eyes and waited. For something. For a sign. For a sort of miracle. For an end to this mechanical whirring she could feel under her feet. For an end to the whirring going on inside her head. She had wished for a world unlike her own, and when she opened her eyes it was to her disappoint that her wish had been ignored.

Sokea Klein
Member Avatar
"Uh..."

That was scary. Sokea was stiff, and figured she'd try to make the atmosphere a bit more casual by following it up with her own coin toss. "T-They say you're not supposed to tell other people your wishes, or else they won't come true." She mumbled, as if she was trying to justify why they currently existed after the other girl's wish. Sokea took a deep breath, flipping the coin off her thumb and watching it rise in the air and splash down. Let this be a good year, she thought as the coin sank to the bottom.

There had been another pause, the only noise was the fountain water once again. Sokea finally mustered up another thing to say to the girl beside her. "I'm going to work hard for my wish to come true... Isn't there a saying along the lines of 'be the change you wish to see in the world?" She said as if she was just talking to herself again. She didn't want to continue to get on this girl's bad side and say she should work for her wish to come true, that's just overly rude.

"My name is Sokea, by the way." She finally admitted, trying to build up the courage to look the girl in the eye again. "And it was nice wishing with you." She continued, trying hard to be hospitable. God she could barely lift her arm up to offer a handshake, it felt like metal. She kept her arm down, feeling nervous, and opted out of a hand shake. Instead she lightly nodded her head. Ar-fucking-ceus this girl looked like she could break someone in half, please don't let her think this conversation is stupid and get angry.

Cain Greyson
Member Avatar

"Be the change I want to be, hm?" Cain repeated. She thought over the words the girl had just said, thinking over on its wisdom. "I guess I should work on blowing up the world then." Cain reached over and shook Sokea's hand. She added, without a smile, "That was a joke. My name is Cain."

She watched the girl again in what could be described in an eerie manner. It was a lack of trust and a sense of foreboding that kept Cain refocusing her attention on the girl. She’d already felt betrayal and abandonment before from people she thought she could depend on. Cain had no intentions of wanting to go through the same experience all over again.

In the background, a small glimmer of light shone out from the water fountain that attracted a lot of visible light. Cain turned to look at what was causing the wondrous light glimmering reflections throughout the courtyard. She pointed out the fountain to Sokea and stared in awe as some sort of aqua projection jumped out of the waters and skipped around in circles. The creature danced solemnly as it stared at both Cain and Sokea with its non-distinguishing facial features.

“The legendary Pokemon Jirachi,” Cain muttered in an astonished tone. Her eyes followed the transparent water projection as it then slowly transformed into its own body. The Pokemon climbed to the very top of the fountain and waved at the two girls, the flaps on its head moving along with its movements. With one final hand gesture, the Pokemon jumped into the sky and flew off until it could not be seen.

“The wishmaker…”

Cain looked back at Sokea to see her reaction. In her mind she wondered whose wish was actually granted.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · Neo-Kyogo · Next Topic »

DISCLAIMER This forum does not support or endorse the following: death, suicide, smoking, comas, drinking, animal abuse, world domination, cheating, killing, murdering, terrorism, illiteracy, fighting, violence, or pen-stabbing.